Presented by NorCal Bike Sport
June 1st, 2013
Registration open now, dog! We singletrackin’.
Use this link to register yourself as a rider.
Groups of 5 or more riders receive a 15% discount for registering at the same time.
Open Singlespeed Men
Open Expert Men
Expert Men 35+
Masters Men 50+
Open Sport Men
Sport Men 35+
Open Expert Women
Open Sport Women
Open Beginner Men
The Hardest XC
Five years in and we still need to say it: This event is not a joke, though you will likely need to laugh in order to get through it. It is a true test of your fitness in every sense. Lake Sonoma is a very rugged place with the terrain to match. Isolation is a regular condition out there, so be safe and try to silence the nagging voices in your head. In short, if you’re considering entering this event, you should be training for it.
The SoNoMas race course is 34.5 grueling miles of steep terrain. Depending on weather, a lot of people may not be able to finish the entire course. The weather this time of year can be extremely hot. In the case of bad (HOT) weather, the course will be abbreviated to around 24.5 miles for the safety of both riders and support staff.
Rest stops are placed in this configuration:
- Long Course: 8mi (minimal), 16mi (minimal), 21mi (full), 23mi (minimal), 29mi (full)
- Short Course: 7mi (minimal), 12mi (full), 14mi (minimal), 20mi (full)
- “Minimal” stops include water, Gu and Gu Brew.
- “Full” stops include water, Gu, Gu Brew, a bottle feed with Gu Brew and basic food such as bananas and oranges.
What you get
Registration for SoNoMas will be $65/person. Each entry includes a commemorative shirt; light breakfast and post-race meal; a considerable supply of beer; bumpin’ tunes; prizes; camping in the large oversized grass recreation area; and one of the most difficult cross country races of your life.
FRIDAY before the race - Camping officially opens to race participants. Registration opens. Check out the lake and cool off your feet.
8:00 AM — Mass start with CHP escort
1:00 PM — Awards
Prizes and Awards
Our sponsors are generous folks, and you can rest assured that in addition to having a chance of taking home one of our beautiful medals at the podium, there will be a great big mountain of prizes from folks like Camelbak, Marin, Ergon, Giro, and Capo to get through. We’ll also be awarding CASH purses to Pro Men, Pro Women, and Singlespeed categories as well.A minimum of 5 racers in a given category is required in order to receive a cash payout. You must be present in order to receive any prizes or awards given for placing in your category.
You can count on bottle feeds at this race. We need you hydrated. Hydrated people make it back to the finish line. Dehydrated ones enjoy a lesser fate.
EQUAL Cash payouts are awarded for Pro Men and Women as well as Singlespeed Men.
We have a couple of suggestions for your arrival to SoNoMas.
- START HYDRATING EARLY — Spend the week leading up to this event keeping yourself well (not overly) hydrated.
- Camping is recommended. Come on Friday and plan on camping out so you’re ready to rock on Saturday morning.
- Bring your own dishes for eating dinner. Glassware for beer drinkin’ too. Probably should include forks, spoons, knives, and napkins on that list.
- Keep your dog on a leash.